DIY Dried Fruit Christmas Décor
Christmas is already around the corner and I am waiting it with all my heart! I just love the special holiday atmosphere, the smell of pine from the Christmas tree and sparkling lights in the windows. Now I am struggling with the ideas for my Christmas home decoration as I would definitely like to share this festive mood.
Today I am sharing this simple tutorial on making dried fruit Christmas décor. The best thing about it is that it’s cheap and requires hardly any time or money. Besides, only natural materials are used so the décor ornaments are eco-friendly!
To get started, you’ll need the following materials:
- Apples (green, yellow and red)
- Medium-sized grapefruit
- Lime (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
- Raffia string ( twine can be used as well)
- Sharp knife
1. First we need to prepare dried fruits. Cut the fruits into slices, then cut a small hole in the center of each piece of sliced fruit. When they are dried, it will be more difficult to do that.
2. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet in the oven on the lowest temperature for a few hours. The fruit slices can be also sun-dried in the open air, but it will take a couple of days.
3. When the fruits are completely dried, the fun part begins! Take the cinnamon sticks and string the fruit slices onto them trying to combine different colors and textures. Approximately 9-10 slices can be strung onto the stick. Leave the ends of the sticks free.
4. Finally tie the raffia string with the star anise around the ends of cinnamon sticks. By the way, twine can be used instead of the raffia string, if you don’t have the latter.
That’s all, our dried fruit Christmas décor is ready! So simple and so lovely! See how easy to make a homemade Christmas ornament? You can hang it on the Christmas tree or place it on the window sill, or at the mantel, decorate your Christmas wreath or just make a lovely arrangement on the table
Please share how do you like the idea? I would love to read your comments and suggestions